I posted about what was on the menu, and we pretty much stuck to it! (very unusual for me..)
I had to adapt this recipe a LOT because it was quite a bit too wine-y for my liking - weird because i drink wine like it's water...
first off - i tripled everything since i was cooking for 6....second, i added shrimp....third, i added a hell of a lot more heavy cream (woops)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup minced shallots - ** i used regular white/yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger - ** i used ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream - ** entire small container
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded plum tomato - **whatever tomato is cheapest...
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked linguine
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound large sea scallops - ** i used 1.5 lbs
- **add 1lb Jumbo shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Chopped cilantro
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium skillet; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Drain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
Return wine mixture to skillet. Add cream; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Stir in tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add linguine; toss well. Cover and keep warm.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Arrange scallops in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat with shrimp. Cook until pinkish-red. Add shrimp&scallops to pasta mixture; toss gently to combine. Garnish with cilantro, if desired
this recipe wasn't the best thing i've ever made, but it was still great!
i also should have made the sauce ahead of time to let the flavors combine, but i was too busy drinking/playing games to remember!