I wanted to make a fun dinner for the boyf, and my sister and her room mate with the same name...the Clair/e's :)...so i decided on potstickers because really? they are awesome. and these were no exception!
without further ado.....here is the recipe!
i made a LOT more than it said....like usual.
- Pot stickers:
- 3/4 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cooked peeled small shrimp
- Dash of hot sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Chopped green onions (optional)
1. To prepare pot stickers, combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 4 times or until coarsely chopped. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to prevent drying), spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons shrimp mixture into center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of dough with water; bring 2 opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal. Bring remaining 2 corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch 4 edges together to seal. Place pot stickers on a large baking sheet sprinkled with cornstarch.
2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 12 pot stickers to pan; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Slowly add 1/2 cup water to pan; cover and cook 4 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil, 12 pot stickers, and 1/2 cup water.
3. To prepare sauce, combine 1/4 cup water and next 5 ingredients (through sugar) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve sauce with pot stickers. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Ginger Broccoli Slaw
pre-packaged broccoli slaw
prepared ginger dressing
combine in a bowl :)