Yogurt and Spice Chicken with dipping sauce
(adapted from *here)
- Dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- tsp paprika
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- ground pepper
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat
- italian/plain breadcrumbs
1. For the dipping sauce, mix the honey mustard and sour cream in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed. This sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients; set aside.
3. Cut each chicken breast into large cubes. Place the cubes into a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken, and close the bag. Then flip the bag a few times to ensure that all pieces are coated with marinade, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Heat up a deep skillet on high and add the chicken, including the marinade. Once chicken is almost cooked, sprinkle breadcrumbs over the chicken and put it in the oven to broil on High for 4-5 mins.
adapted from *here
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Combine couscous, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Sorry for the bad, unedited pictures in terrible lighting! this meal is really so delicious and soooo super easy :) I hope you enjoy it! the chicken has the perfect amount of spice to it!
tip: if you like spice, add more. i did!