Obviously, when there is a sale, I take advantage, especially with produce because it's so dang expensive! So I had two avocados and had to use the second, since I used the first one here.
2 filets of salmon (mine were about 8 oz each)
1 jar of ginger dressing (Makoto is a great brand)
place filets in a baking dish and pour the dressing over them so that there is dressing almost covering them. marinate for about an hour in the fridge (optional, it has great flavor either way!!). preheat the oven to 375 and bake for 18 mins or until cooked to desired temperature. SO easy!
Cucumber and Avocado Slaw
- 2 1/2 cups English cucumber, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped
Combine cucumber and scallion together in a medium bowl. Whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour vinaigrette over cucumber mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Add avocado just before serving, and toss gently to mix. (You can make this salsa ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve, but add the avocado just before serving.)
one of my favorite meals to date! SO simple and so fresh and sooooooo delicious!