Baked Turkey Bacon, Asparagus, Caramelized Onion and Spinach Mac N Cheese
- 1 pkg turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, each stalk chopped into 3 or 4 sections
- 1/2-1 full pkg of fresh spinach - * i'm sure frozen would work just as well
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1ish boxes of al dente cooked noodles of your choice. i am ghetto and did a mix of farfalle, medium shells and macaroni so that i didnt have to go to the store.
- 1 pkg of shredded cheese - i used 4 cheese italian (once again because i am ghetto and didnt want to go to the store) - you can use cheddar, mozzarrella, or any cheese that melts down really
- some milk
- some heavy whipping cream
- some salt
- some garlic
- some pepper
- some butter, i used light margarine (man, i am SO good at measuring when i cook.)
saute onions in about a tsp of butter until they begin to brown (7ish mins). add the bacon until almost crispy(another 7ish mins). throw in the asparagus (3 or so mins).
in another pan, melt about 1/4 cup of butter, add milk and heavy whipping cream. i used about a cup of each. bring to almost a boil and add a few tbsps of garlic, depending how much you like. add cheese, remove from heat, and stir until the cheese is melted.
combine noodles, cheese sauce, and onion/asparagus/bacon mixture in a large pot (or the casserole dish, whichever you like) and add spinach. stir until everything is incorporated and the spinach starts to wilt. place into a casserole dish, sprinkle a little more cheese to brown on top, and back for 20 mins at 400.
then its ready to eat! sorry for my ghetto explanation, i am just terrible at keeping track of what i do!