hi again, lovely blog friends!
Last night's din consisted of more chimichurri deliciousness! follow the recipe from yesterday (double or triple for more! taste as you go!) to get started!
Cumin rubbed Steak
- 3 lbs flank steak - i forget the REAL name for it. good thing i'm so descriptive.....flat steak.
- Goya Mojo sauce (int'l section of the grocery store...hispanic foods)
rub the cumin, s&p into the steak and place in a big ziploc or dish - pour liberal amounts of Mojo sauce on top. Marinate for as long as you like (2 hrs for me!)
grilling instructions: find them yourself.
pan-searing instructions: put some evoo on the bottom of the pan and heat - place steak in and cook about 3 minutes per side if the steak is an inch and a half thick for a pink middle. remove steak once done to your liking, and let it sit for a few before you start cutting it, let the juices settle.
Brown Rice with Red Peppers and Cucumbers
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2.5 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red bell peppers - roasted (s&p, evoo, diced peppers in glass baking dish for 30 mins on 375 should do the trick)
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/3 cup evoo
- 2 lemons - zest and juice
- a few sprigs of green onion - chopped (use both green and white parts)
- reduced fat or fat free feta cheese - if you please :)
boil chicken broth, add rice, reduce to simmer for 40 mins or until cooked through. in another bowl whisk together lemon juice and some zest, green onions, evoo, s&p. Add peppers and cucumbers. let sit while rice cooks. add rice, stir, yay it's done! so simple! don't forget to top with yummy reduced fat feta cheese! can be served hot, warm or cold :)
this makes me happy, i hope it makes you happy too! it's so simple, and so worth the ridic 40 minute wait for the rice!
and for dessert, SUCK ON THAT MICHELLE!
Italian Wedding Cookies - this time properly plated!
might i just add that i made this for 8 people :) it's not all for myself ...hahaha