i just posted about some of my farmers market purchases, and i was not kidding when i said how delicious the produce was! my whole car smelled like a caprese salad before i even got home thanks to fresh basil and tomatoes :)
i knew i had to use most of this immediately. sadly it wasn't because i thought it would go bad, it was because i couldn't handle another minute without it....
so i made a delish, fresh pasta salad!
ingredients for the salad:
- handful or two of cooked whole wheat pasta - i used penne
- handful of grape tomatoes (yellow or red), chopped into two or four pieces
- two or three radishes, thinly sliced
- palmful of frozen (or fresh!) sweet white corn kernels
- a small plum tomato, diced
- handful of basil, chiffonade
- juice of one lemon
- teeny bit of lemon zest - gah, im so good at measuring...
- pinch of cayenne - or in my case, a lot more than a pinch
- pinch of sugar, salt and fresh ground pepper
- tablespoon or two of evoo
whisk together dressing ingredients and toss all salad ingredients in with the dressing!
enjoy! i know you will! it's the most refreshing salad ive had in a while! i'm going to try it with more veggies and no pasta next time! mmmmm!