i suppose this dish was inspired by pf changs lettuce wraps...but mostly because me and sis didnt want to fill up on carb loaded fajita wraps!
most simple dish ever! and SO flavorful!
- chicken breasts, each breast cut into 4 pieces (however many you need...we used three chicken breasts and that provided a LOT of shredded chicken)
- a packet of reduced sodium taco seasoning
- guacamole, store-bought or homemade
- refried black beans
- large romaine lettuce leaves
- reduced fat sour cream
- reduced fat mexican shredded cheese blend
to prepare the chicken, toss the pieces of chicken in about half a packet of taco seasoning. put some EVOO into a skillet and heat on high. add the chicken, brown it on one side and flip. brown the other side, add some chicken stock, reduce to medium heat, and add a lid on the pan. cook through, flipping occasionally, about 5ish minutes! (i suck at timing, i just check every few minutes)
to shred the chicken, use two forks to pull the meat, or use a handy dandy choppy choppy from pampered chef like i did!
wash your romaine lettuce, and layer all the ingredients as you wish!
seriously delish, and if you omit cheese and sour cream - superrr healthy! :)