the chicken packed a punch of lemon-y citrus flavor (i added extra lemon juice and cooked the chicken in all that deliciously saucy marinade!! it came out sooo moist) and the tzatziki with diced cucumber added the perfect condiment to the flatbread! i highly suggest you make this immediately!!!
Lemon Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki and Feta - slightly adapted from *here
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (fat free!)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
(added diced cucumber and S&P here!)
- 2 flatbreads
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- minced fresh parsley, for serving
Remove the chicken from the bowl and saute in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes per side, until the pieces are no longer pink in the center.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt and dill. Spread a thick smear of this homemade tzatziki sauce onto a warmed flatbread, followed by crispy shredded lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese, and a sprinkling of fresh minced parsley.
Pioneer Woman's site here!
crisp up some whole wheat pita bread in the broiler and dip away! this was delicious, a greek take on spinach dip! i'll definitely be making this again for a party!
Spanakopita Dip - slighty adapted from *here
- 1 container (17.6 Ounce) Container Greek Yogurt
- 1 pound Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed And Squeezed Lightly To Remove Excess Moisture
- ⅓ cups Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Dill Weed
- ½ teaspoons Paprika
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper