Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs


Glee Season Finale = big night at 5501!

Clearly, I had to make something special. Little did I know, not only would this be special, it would be THE EASIEST THING EVER!!

If you have a 24-tin muffin tray, you're golden! So Simple, seriously!

I found the recipe here* on Gimme Some Oven and eyed it (by eyed it, I mean DROOLED over it) for days! Seriously, EVERYTHING I see on that site makes me hungry! I just love her blog!

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs Recipe
(Adapted from GimmeSomeOven)

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
  • 3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 4 oz. reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup) - I used 4Cheese Italian, delish!
  • 4 oz. mini turkey pepperoni, diced (about 1 cup)
  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely diced.

Method:

Preheat oven to 375o. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oregano; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.

Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

Warm the pizza sauce, then stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Sprinkle the puffs with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

Do yourselves a favor, and make these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment