baked chicken tenders are my new fave! baked chicken is SO much more moist than on the pan or grill. maybe i just suck at both of those. it's entirely possible.
i added some cayenne pepper - YUM. spicy chicken tenders that tasted a little like Wendy's spicy chicken nuggs! mmmmm. this was the second time i've made them in about a week. that good.
this recipe is slightly adapted from Gina's Skinny Recipes!
- 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- however much cayenne - i prob put about a 1/2 tsp.
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.